Skip to main content

My 12 beautiful steps to self love


Okay lovelies, let’s get down to some serious self loving. The healthy kind of course. There’s no self centred sadists who only lives for themselves here. So just to be clear – there is a big difference between the person who entertains their superficial needs and the person who advocates for their own heart and what they truly believe in. They are both ends of the same spectrum but it goes without saying that I only root for the latter. Nothing grinds my teeth more than someone basking in their own superficial desires; especially if it’s at the cost of the one’s they claim to love the most. While I’m on the topic, please don’t do that. Don’t say you love someone and then go out of your way to do exactly what you know will hurt them the most.  

Naturally I am such a giver, there’s very little that I won’t do for those who have my love and attention. The world needs us, we love and give so unconditionally and our motives are always so damn pure. It’s a real pity that some people get the biggest kick out of taking genuine hearts for granted. The more genuine the heart the bigger the thrill. I know, its ridiculous and world shattering, but I’ve decided to start looking at it as a compliment towards me, because ultimately I know I’ve got something in my character that they wish they had and the closest they will ever come to being unselfish in their loving is to drain me from mine. That’s me putting it softly.

Self love for me started when I decided to walk away from the things that stole my joy. Holding on to certain situations because you wanted to be true to your own heart is perfectly fine. I can only ever walk away if I know I gave it all the grace I have. It’s okay to be brave enough to lose yourself in something you truly want. It’s also okay to walk away when it starts stripping you from what your beautiful heart deserves. 

We don’t have time to waste energy on undeserving circumstances my darlings, so take care of yourselves and feel inspired by my 12 steps to feeling like a human again. 


  1. Have the courage to be the happiest and healthiest version of yourself, regardless of what that is. Don’t take note of society’s definition of what you should be like because firstly that’s silly and secondly expectations change all the time, so just do YOU because it would be to tiring to keep up anyway. 

  2. It all begins and ends in your mind. Whatever you give power to has power over you. Renew your mind and please just be an adult about it because your entire life stems from what happens in there. 

  3. Visualize your best self and start showing up as her. Before anyone gets to sit in your stadium you must be your biggest fan. Decide what you want out of each day and just go for it. 

  4. Stop searching for home in others. You already have everything you need to feel secure and you can start creating your own heaven today. You don’t need a person, you’ve got you babe. 

  5. Remember you’re not alone. You’ve got billions of cells in your body and they’re all there just for you. 

  6. Its absolutely okay to make mistakes, just don’t make the same ones twice because last time we checked you’re a human not a donkey. 

  7. Be grateful for every single thing you have. Take nothing for granted. Life, moments, people and the ability to breath is such a huge blessing. 

  8. Treasure your beliefs. It’s what makes you a good human. Unless you’re a serial killer. 

  9. Find healing in the beauties life gives daily and go out of your way to appreciate little gifts, mercies, kind gestures and whatever it is that makes you happy to be alive. 

  10. Forgive yourself for not knowing any better. All we can do is strive to be more than what we were yesterday. Don’t be merciless towards yourself, we live and we learn. Self resentment will make you sick, so forgive yourself and take those first steps to freedom. 

  11. Be good and kind, but also know your boundaries so that you can tell the chance takers to go play with traffic. 

  12. Be on your own side whilst always protecting the peace. People will be ruthless, my darling. Learn to feel sorry for the battle they have within instead of becoming part of the war. 





Comments